The 8th edition of the VIA Certification Course was held in Chengdu, capital of China’s southwestern Sichuan province, bringing the total number of VIA-certified Italian Wine Ambassadors to 139 worldwide.
Candidates from all over China and neighboring countries took part in the course in order to leverage this opportunity of increasing their understanding of Italian wine.
“I’m so honored to have taken this class and exam. Ian gave us so many new inspirations. The course is intensive and hard but definitely worth it!”, speaks Joseph Cheng one of the newly proclaimed Italian Wine Ambassadors.
At the end of the course, VIA welcomed 8 new IWAs (See the entire list below), bringing the count for IWAs to 139, 9 of which are Italian Wine Experts (IWEs), the highest VIA certification). Newly-certified IWAs and IWEs, will be able to support VIA in teaching the courses around the world and broadcasting the excellence of Italian wines.
Full list of our 8 newly certified Italian Wine Ambassador Chengdu Edition 2018
- Jing Zhang, Shanghai, China, Sales Manager, EMW Fine Wines
- Joseph Cheng, Hong Kong, Director, Story Wine Company
- Jane Zeng
- Ada Xiaowen Zhang, Shanghai, China, Sales Manager, Le Service Divin
- Maria Grazia Furbato (Italiana, vive in Indonesia), Jakarta, Indonesia, Wine Educator and Consultant, reWined
- Haixia Xu, Chengdu, China, Co-Founder of Sichuan Ocean International Trade
- Chunnju Emilia Hsiao, Taiwan, Co-Founder of Enjoyino Co.
- Sylvie Xuan Zuo, Kunming, China, Manager and Wine Consultant, Zhong Peng Shi Da International Trade Company