VIA Verona - Agile Edition 2023
The 25th Vinitaly International Academy (VIA) Italian Wine Ambassador Certification Course will be held in two modules: First, online theoretical lectures, with access to the study platform available upon acceptance of the application and completion of the registration; Second, in-person tasting and Q&A sessions will be held from 24th to 27th March 2023 in Verona with support from the Italian Trade Agency.
The VIA Certification Course is exceptionally well constructed; the Faculty have designed the course to give students the knowledge and authority to become adept Ambassadors of Italian wine around the world. The two-part format affords students the best study results, enabling successful recipients of the Italian Wine Ambassador title to build long-term careers in the global wine sector.
There is a focus on the native grapes of Italy, region by region, with profound attention given to geology, history, terroir and denomination. Students receive a 360° experience, learning about grapes, viticulture and winemaking, in combination with Italian food, tradition and culture.
- The online sessions on our digital learning platform allow students to watch and study recorded video lessons created by our Faculty.
- The lectures cover each of the 20 wine regions in Italy, including warm up sessions focused on key grapes, and a special seminar on VIA systematic tasting grid.
In-person Practical Sessions
- The “in-person” sessions will take place in Verona from 24th to 27th March 2023.
- These all-day sessions are divided into several practical lessons, focused on wine tastings of selected wines and Q&A sessions with the Faculty and members of selected Consortiums.
On the last day of the in-person session, students will sit the final exam, consisting of:
- 100 multiple choice questions;
- 2 short answer questions;
- Blind tasting of 2 wines;
- Students are also required to submit a group video project in advance as part of the examination.
Following the end of the course, all students are invited to join the 12th edition of OperaWine, the gala event held on the eve of Vinitaly, in collaboration with Wine Spectator, where the top 130 Italian wines of the year are revealed and tasted at an invitation-only event to be held in Verona on 1st April.
The student recruitment – from 21st November 2022 till the 24th of February 2023; the applications will be evaluated by our Board.
The selection results will be relayed privately by email.
Access granted to the course platform – upon acceptance and paid registration.
24th to 26th March 2023 practical lessons take place in person in Verona.
27th March 2023 Exam and Pinning Ceremony.
Registration fee: 1280 euros.
Registration fee for returning students : 750 euros.
Registration for students who wish to resit the exam without participating in the course: 100 euros.
How to apply and register?
Click on the link https://vinitalyinternational.com/sign-up-via/ and complete the application form.
Please note that candidates are required to attach:
- An updated CV (in PDF format)
- a recent photo (headshot, clear background, 5 MB maximum, JPEG format).
Upon approval of the application, the applicants are required to submit the registration form (sent by email from VIA) filled in and signed on the application platform. The applicants will then obtain access to the online sessions as soon as the registration form is verified and the paid registration is completed. Applicants can check the status of the application by consulting the profile page or writing to VIA through email.
Entrance to the program will only be confirmed upon receipt of the completed registration form and fee. Forms and payments not submitted will result in the candidate’s exclusion from the course.
Required Text (available on Amazon.com):
• Italian Wine Unplugged Grape by Grape. Positive Press, 2017. **N.B. the updated 2.0 edition of the textbook will be available shortly (end 2022).
• Sangiovese Lambrusco and other vine stories, Positive Press, 2019
For further information:
- Any questions, please write to email@example.com
a product of:
In collaboration with: