VIA USA - Hybrid Edition 2020-2021
Online Theoretical lectures
Module 2- May 2021
Practical sessions (USA tasting centers)
Due to the current situation we are unable to travel to bring you VIA in person, and so we have adapted the course to make it possible for you to continue your Italian wine certification as distance learning in a hybrid format.
The course will consist of 4 major components:
• Online theory sessions:
When you have signed up and paid for the course you will be given access to our online learning platform. Here you will find the theory sessions presented by the Faculty. These sessions should be followed ahead of the corresponding guided tasting and Q&A.
• Online Q&A session:
Scheduled Zoom Q&A sessions direct with the faculty to ask questions regarding the theory sessions so far. These sessions will then be uploaded onto the digital platform so that students are able to review them as they prepare for the exams.
• Virtual guided tastings:
Guided tastings will constitute the majority of the second part of the course and give the opportunity to taste the wines with the faculty using the VIA Tasting Grid at one of the tasting centers spreading around the US. The tasting centers are set up respecting the social distancing and the safety guidance. Included in the course fee there will be 36 benchmark wines that will be presented as part of the guided tastings at the tasting center. The faculty will connect with the student online and conduct the tasting with the students.
• The examinations:
- Exams will take place in May. They will consist of a 100 multiple choice questions, 2 short answer questions blind tasting.
- In addition you will be required to produce a short video presentation on a topic that will be released at the start of the course.
The candidate recruitment: till 30th April , 2021
Access to the course platform: Upon registration
Virtual tasting with the faculty:
- May 26 – 28: tasting centres in San Francisco, Houston, Las Vegas, New York, Boston, Memphis, Princeton and Florida etc.;
In collaboration with:
Registration fee: 600 euros.
How to apply and register?
Click on the “Apply Now” button and fill out the online application form following the instructions.
Please note that you’re required to attach:
- the updated CV (in PDF format)
- a recent photo (headshot, clear background, 5 MB maximum, JPEG format).
The selection results will be relayed privately by email. Upon the approval of the application, the applicants are required to submit the registration form (sent by email from us) filled in and signed on the application platform.
The applicants will then obtain access to the online sessions as soon as the registration form is verified and the registration is completed. Applicants can check the status of the application by consulting the profile page or writing to us.
You will then be requested to choose one of tasting centres to join the tasting and examinations.
Applications will only be confirmed upon receipt of the completed registration form and fee. Forms and payments not submitted will result in the candidate’s exclusion from the course.
Required Text(available on Amazon.com):
• Italian Wine Unplugged Grape by Grape. Positive Press, 2017
• Sangiovese Lambrusco and other vine stories, Positive Press, 2019
For further information:
- You can write to: email@example.com;
- Or Directly book a zoom meeting with us;
- Simply join the VIA info/inquiry WhatsApp group.